Monday, October 27, 2014

Blogpost #9 Sungazette put up an article saying Frank O'Leary predicted a Howze win. I put up this comment:

Blogpost #9

Sungazette put up an article saying Frank O'Leary predicted a Howze win. I put up this comment:

Frank O’Leary is a gray eminence genius of Arlington Politics.  Most of what I know is either what I read in the Sun Gazette or what I hear from my close neighbors.  He may well be right.  But his is a sort of static analysis here: this is what Dem voters do, this is what Reep voters do, there will be a lot more Dem voters in the mix in the general than there were in the special which elected John Vihstadt.  Thus: Howze triumphs!  And this whole Vihstadt interlude can be pleasantly forgotten, Libby Garvey’s requests to talk about issues will die for lack of a second, the good times will come again.

Maybe.  I will say that I have never seen my neighbors so cross at the Arlington Board as they are this year.  It’s not just Zimmie’s Twee Little Trolley, it’s the staggeringly bad planning for schools expansion, the casual acceptance by the Board of the idea of converting scarce park space to other public uses, and the sense that this government is NOT operating in the sunshine, as decisions appear in Board sessions with little apparent discussion behind them.   So this suggests to me that ‘what Dem voters do’ may be different this year than in previous years.

It’s certainly not propitious for the Trolley Troika that their hopes are pinned to the lowest-information and least-frequent voters giving them a victory this year, looking forward to 2015 when those folks will stay home.

http://www.insidenova.com/news/arlington/prognosticator-democrat-howze-on-track-for-election-in-arlington/article_6752c0e8-5b92-11e4-9188-afa6d1868a37.htmlPrognosticator: Democrat Howze on track for election in Arlington

No comments:

Post a Comment